Given the hundreds of strollers out there, making a choice could be a challenge and you never know when a stroller might come in handy. It is no doubt that parenting requires effort and patience and in order to keep everything manageable and convenient, a stroller is a must-have baby product. Having the best lightweight stroller that allows you to manoeuvre along sidewalks or one that folds down nicely and would fit in the trunk is vital. Consider a pregnant woman with a four-year-old, she would definitely need a stroller that is compact for going indoors, lightweight and with a nice basket underneath. But which is the best lightweight stroller for a four-year-old?
As a mother, you wouldn’t want your baby to be inconvenient. You don’t want a stroller that would force your baby leaning back no matter how much you tightened the straps just because the seat does not recline. As a matter of fact, a lightweight, collapsible travel stroller is a must-have accessory for parents on the move. In addition, the right stroller for you actually depends on your specific requirements, for example, if you have a new-born, a fully reclining seat is your best choice. Car seat compatibility is another factor that needs to be put into consideration. For mothers heading overseas, airline carry-on restrictions are factors that need to be considered.
A stroller that suits your lifestyle especially if you are a mother that enjoys travelling will go a long way in even helping you keep your sanity. Hence, making a choice on the best lightweight stroller depends on several features such as canopies for sun protection, storage space, and adjustable handlebar.
Giving your child some freedom is very important and there are many reasons why you should get one for your baby and if you probably think you have gotten it all figured out and that you don’t need a stroller for your vacations then you might be making a huge mistake. Apart from having your child comfortably seated on the stroller’s seat, a good stroller also offer a reasonable degree of protection for your baby. The best stroller is a travelling sunshade, a rain cover and a snowsuit all in one. Thus, a good stroller should offer optimum weather protection! In this article, we look at the best lightweight strollers that provide the ultimate convenience for you, and the ultimate safety and comfort for your child.
1 Baby Trend Range Jogging Stroller, Liberty Review
Supported with a lockable front swivel wheel that permits easy manoeuvrability with extra wide, this stroller is has an ergonomically shaped rubber handle for your comfort. This stroller is particularly important due to its effortless trigger fold that easily reduces stroller to a compact unit and a child tray with two cup holders meaning you can carry it on the go!
It comfortably accepts car seats, forming a good Travel System. It is supported with a multi-position reclining, thus, if your child falls asleep upright, you can easily recline the backrest with just a one-hand squeeze. It has added seat and fully adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap to offer optimum protection to your little one.
- Easy to use
- Easy to push and manoeuvre
- Easy to set up
- It’s sturdy and well made, with great features and very affordable price.
- It is much better than a conventional stroller and packs plenty of space in the storage basket built into the bottom
- Folds up nicely and also great for jogging
- Little compartment in the front for keys and stuff.
- Great for rocky roads and stable enough to push with one hand free!
- Keeps your little one comfortable and protected from the elements.
- Reduces jogger to a compact unit for storage and travel.
- The stroller is big and heavy to take in and out of the trunk.
- The valve stems are placed so that it is very difficult to air up the tires.
- The front wheel maybe very wobbly
2 Maclaren Techno XLR stroller Review
This stroller is one of the best from a very prestigious stroller company. It’s actually the best they offer. Although the price tag is on the high side, all aspects of this stroller are totally worth it especially if you are on a larger budget. It is supported with a 4-position fully-reclining seat with an ergonomically shaped, 3-position adjustable moulded handles.
This stroller has a built-in 6″ alloy system of wheels which is composed of a front swivel unit that is self-aligning. Also, it comprises, and a rear foot break that foot-operated. The seats are removable and washable too. Its 15 pounds weight gives it maximum durability.
If you are looking for a lightweight travel or umbrella stroller for your four-year-old then the Maclaren Techno XLR stroller is definitely one of the best out there. This product’s dimensions are 31 by 20 by 44 inches.
- Supported with an adjustable footrest or leg rest that supports your child’s legs and feet for comfort
- Great on sidewalks, in the mall, or anything super easy
- Sleek, lightweight and comfortable
- An amazing recline that gives your baby the maximum comfort she deserves
- Very good for travelling
- Folds up nicely
- There available options to recline the seats into four different position with a just one hand. You could even keep the seat flat!
- A 5-point safety harness with a two finger release system for safety
- Machine washable seat
- Not the best for gravel paths or grass
- Bulky and too heavy
- The seat is too hard so you may have to put a blanket as a cushion
- Maclaren basket is tiny and impossible to get to when it’s fully reclined
3 Joovy Zoom 360 ultra-light Review
This is a must-have stroller for your four-year-old that handles kids even up to 75 lbs. Furthermore, it is physically roomier than most of the lightweight strollers, has the Britax quality and is much less expensive than many of the other options. Although not a jogging stroller, this one is a little heavier and sturdier than other non-jogging, lightweight strollers.
The zoom 360 ultralight stroller is amazingly large.
This particular one has a 12” swivel tires which are lockable at the front and 16” tires at the back. It’s supported with a small storage basket underneath for carrying everything else.
The unit could be folded easily and once folded, locks into position.
- It makes pushing your 60lb child on a breeze
- The shocks and tires make riding over rough terrain pretty smooth for the passenger
- Lightweight and easy to steer with one hand
- It has high seat. The stroller seat is as high as the average chair. Thus, your baby can stay in the stroller and watch the shows at the theme parks with no problem.
- Equipped to:
Keep your baby safe
Adjust to your baby’s growth
Allow for a great workout – jogging or walking
- Storage space to keep your belongings
- The cup holder/pocket is very convenient
- Easy to manoeuvre and with great suspension
- Nicely made with good quality materials
- Handlebar height may not be adjustable
- As the sun shade does not totally cover the legs, you may need extra cover from the rain or sun when outside.
A good stroller is no doubt very important in providing the optimum comfort for you and your baby. You need to keep an eye on the following features when strolling shopping such as the overall frame construction, ability to collapse easily, portability and compatibility and most especially its reclining features. Other nice features that you need to consider when shopping for a new stroller are decent wheels, nice suspension, the footrest and its breaking and parking.
Furthermore, when it comes to your little ones you can never predict when they will want a nap. Understanding your baby’s naptime can go a long way in helping you schedule your own personal interests. Your child might hate that museum that you really love to visit. However, having a stroller handy can, therefore, save your day thus giving you sufficient time to visit your favourite museum without having to worry so much about your baby.
Having a baby is a very lovely experience yet very challenging for mothers, especially if you are trying to balance work life and your baby’s needs. However, there are certain situations when ‘keep quiet and let me rest’ just want to spill out of your mouth and as such you need something to maintain sanity. A stroller would go a long way in keeping your sanity as well as getting the little ones focused. We have already attempted to make a critical analysis of the pros and cons of the best lightweight strollers for your four-year-old above. In my opinion, the 2 Maclaren Techno XLR stroller is just perfect especially if you can spare extra bucks from your budget. The choice you finally make would depend to a great deal on your need and your baby’s need and should not be difficult based on the pros and cons and also on your budget.