It seems like a silly question. 3 months is 12 weeks, right? What if each of those months has 31 days? What if one of those months has 28 days? When calculating months to weeks you have to either round up or round down. It gets a little confusing, actually. So how many weeks are really in 3 months and how can you take the confusion out of calculating these numbers when you already have so many new things that you have to do? In this article we will discuss these items and hopefully clear up the fog a little bit.
Wait, so how many weeks are there in 9 months?
It seems simples but it really isn’t. Some say that a pregnancy is 9 months and yet others state that it is actually 40 weeks. As the days of a month can vary from 28 to 31 days then you get a little bit of randomness into the mix. 9 months technically comes out to 36 – 40 weeks. So how many weeks is 3 months pregnant? That would be 9 – 13 weeks. So, 7 months pregnant is how many weeks? The answer is 27 – 30. What if we switch it around to days… how many months is 63 days? Why, that would be 9 months. It will make you a little dizzy sometimes.
So is there a quick way to calculate it?
Actually, yes. If you want to find out at a glance how many weeks is 7 months or how many weeks there are in 6 months, you could always use a downloaded app or simply go by these basic rules:
- 1 month – You are in your 1st month of pregnancy during the first 1 – 4 weeks.
- 2 months – You are in your 2nd month of pregnancy during weeks 5 to 8.
- 3 months – You are in your 3rd month of pregnancy during weeks 9 through 13.
- 4 months – You are in your 4th month of pregnancy during weeks 14 to 17.
- 5 months – You are in your 5th month of pregnancy during weeks 18 through 21.
- 6 months – You are in your 6th month of pregnancy during weeks 22 to 26.
- 7 months – You are in your 7th month of pregnancy during weeks 27 to 30.
- 8 months – You are in your 8th month of pregnancy during the weeks of 31 to 35.
- 9 months – Your 9th month of pregnancy is considered to be weeks 36 to 40.
While it is technically approximating, this is how you calculate your weeks of pregnancy.
Apps for calculating weeks of
pregnancy: Pregnancy due date calculator and calendar
Amicoolsoft has a pregnancy due date calculator and calendar app which you can download off of the Google play store. It includes a number of features that will be useful to you if you don’t feel like looking at a chart or number crunching. Features included in this app:
- Due date calendar for your pregnancy
- An illustrated pregnancy calendar that depicts the changes occurring in your body week by week as the pregnancy progresses
- A ‘baby countdown’ feature that tells you how many days you have left
- Health advice during each stage of development
- Articles that you can topics of interest regarding your pregnancy
This is just one of the apps out there and it is designed for Android phones. There are a
“A ‘baby countdown’ feature that tells you how many days you have left.”
number of other apps out there, as well, which you can download in the play store. Let’s discuss another app or two for saving you some time.
Apps for calculating weeks of pregnancy: Pregnancy due date and fertility calculator
We started with an Android app so let’s be fair and discuss an Iphone app. Pregnancy due date and fertility calculator is another of the many offerings on the Google play store. It also has a number of useful features which you can take advantage of for either tracking the development of your child or for planning if you wish to conceive. Features included are as follows:
- Employs a ‘traffic signal sign’ style of communicating to you when you are most fertile. Red being the least fertile periods, Green being the most, and yellow is n-between. This can help you to determine at a glance the times when conception is most likely to occur.
- Baby ‘kick counter’ – meant to monitor your baby’s health and to prevent complications.
- Ovulation calculator – This helps to determine when you are ovulating and when you most certainly are NOT.
- Weight and BMI calculator – This allows you to enter your height and weight so that you can track these during your pregnancy to determine if you are at optimal levels.
This app was conceived by a Gynecologist named Dr. Amos Grunebaum, so this is something to consider if you want to make sure that your app has a dr’s input and is not simply copying math equations from the internet.
.There are actually quite a few other apps that are out there. If you would like to see more, simply go to your Google store icon on your Android or IOS phone and do a search for ‘pregnancy calculator’. We recommend reading the reviews for each to make sure that there are no complaints about rampant advertising or adware so that you can make the best selection from the items that you find.
In this article we have discussed how calculating the number of weeks associated with a period of months is trickier then you originally suspected. You can’t just multiply the month number by 4, sadly. By utilizing our chart you should be good, however, or you can simply download a convenient app to track this data and more! Whichever you choose, we wish you and your developing new family member the best.